The Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research recognizes the value of affiliations with external organizations whose missions are compatible with those of FFAR and whose activities align with FFAR in advancing and achieving its mission.
This policy sets forth standards and procedures for the selection of affiliated organizations and implementation of affiliate status. It is designed to:
- Identify the means by which affiliated organizations are recognized by FFAR
- Ensure the relationship and interaction between FFAR and affiliated organizations are defined in an agreement so the interests of FFAR and the affiliated organization do not come into conflict
FFAR Affiliation Approval
FFAR approval must be obtained in order to grant affiliated organization status to an entity. Any organization seeking affiliated status with FFAR must complete and sign a FFAR Affiliation Agreement (the “Agreement”). Approval of affiliated organization status by FFAR is conditional upon the existence of a fully executed Agreement.
- asks an organization to define its mission and explain how that aligns and supports FFAR’s mission;
- identifies the terms and conditions, if any, under which the affiliated organization and FFAR may use names, registered marks and/or logos, or other indication of association in direct recognition of the affiliated status on websites or in other printed and electronic materials;
- identifies the contacts for FFAR and the affiliated organization who will have overall responsibility for coordinating the affiliated relationship;
- defines the grounds upon, and means by which, affiliated organization status may be revoked; and
- addresses any conflict of interest that may arise if an affiliated organization seeks grant support from FFAR.
Learn more about becoming an affiliated organization and others ways to Get Involved with FFAR
Please contact Renée Bullion, Director of Development by email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org | 202.308.5210.