Annual Public Conversation
Thank you for joining The Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research’s annual Conversation. Attendees heard from FFAR Chairman of the Board Mark Keenum, Ph.D., and FFAR Executive Director Sally Rockey, Ph.D. on the Foundation’s recent and upcoming work. The presentation included an overview of the FFAR model, research results to date and draft changes to the Challenge Areas for 2019.
The event was held on October 12, 2018 at the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in Washington, DC. Thank you to IFPRI for generously providing the space.
The FFAR Board of Directors sincerely thanks the guest speakers for responding to the open call for formal feedback and input on how the FFAR Challenge Areas might evolve in the coming years. The following guest speakers delivered remarks during the 2018 FFAR Public conversation:
- William Brandon, President, Industrial Ecosystems
- Florence Dunkle, Associate Professor of Entomology, Montana State University (attended by phone)
- Kier Knoll, Coordinator, Good Earth Food Hub
- Barbara Leach, My Rural America Action
- Elizabeth Sanders, Strategic Partnership Manager, Food and Friends.
- Ricardo Salvador, Director and Senior Scientist of the Food & Environment Program, Union of Concerned Scientists
- Russ Webster, President and Founder, Grow to Market