FFAR and AgLaunch hosted a convening event to explore the science behind resilient agricultural systems, and build partnerships around creating more resilient agriculture systems through diversity, nutritional focus, and new cropping systems. At this convening event, participants discussed areas of research that could fall into the pre-competitive realm with the aim of building partnerships with both potential funders and thought leaders in the field. Through targeted conversations we worked together to identify areas that are ripe for partnership to create more resilient agricultural systems.
1. Crop diversity and resilient agriculture: Re-imagining what we grow and where we grow it.
Speakers and participants will discuss:
- Rethinking environments and where crops grow
- Marketable qualities of crops
- Opportunities for new crops
- Technology and its role in facilitating adaptation
- Economic lessons from other crops
2. Special Breakout Session: Advancing efforts to reinvent potato as a diploid inbred line.
This session was made possible by generous support from PepsiCo.
Special Breakout Session Schedule
Attendee Poll Results
Participants were asked to share the major challenges to building resilient agriculture systems. There answers are below, with more frequently submitted answers appearing in larger font:
Date: November 28-29, 2017
Location: Halloran Centre for the Performing Arts & Education | Memphis, TN
Please contact John Reich for more information.