FFAR and AgLaunch are co-hosting a convening event to explore the science behind resilient agricultural systems, and build partnerships around creating more resilient agriculture systems through diversity, nutritional focus, and new cropping systems. At this convening event, participants will explore areas of research that could fall into the pre-competitive realm with the aim of building partnerships with both potential funders and thought leaders in the field. Through targeted conversations we plan to identify areas that are ripe for partnership to create more resilient agricultural systems.
1. Crop diversity and resilient agriculture: Re-imagining what we grow and where we grow it.
Speakers and participants will discuss:
- Rethinking environments and where crops grow
- Marketable qualities of crops
- Opportunities for new crops
- Technology and its role in facilitating adaptation
- Economic lessons from other crops
2. Special Breakout Session: Advancing efforts to reinvent potato as a diploid inbred line.
This session is made possible by generous support from PepsiCo.
Special Breakout Session Schedule
Date: November 28-29, 2017
Location: Halloran Centre for the Performing Arts & Education | Memphis, TN
Event participants are invited to take advantage of a discounted group rate of $164/night at the Peabody Hotel, located at:
149 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38103.
Please note that space is limited. Request to attend this event using the form below.
Please contact John Reich for more information.