Annual Public Board Meeting Session
Thank you for joining he Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research annual Public Board Meeting Session. Attendees heard from FFAR Board President Mark Keenum, Ph.D. (right), and Executive Director Sally Rockey, Ph.D. on the Foundation’s most exciting year yet. The presentation included an overview of current and future programs to which nearly $100 million in FFAR funding will be designated by the end of the year.
The event was held on October 6, 2017 at the American Association for the Advancement of Science auditorium in Washington, DC. Thank you to AAAS for generously providing the space.
Watch video from the event here.
Download slides from the presentation here.
Download guest speaker remarks here.
The FFAR Board of Directors sincerely thanks the following guest speakers for responding to the open call for formal feedback and input on how the FFAR Challenge Areas might evolve in the coming years. The following guest speakers delivered remarks at the 2017 Public Board Meeting session:
- Robert Campbell, Director of Nutrition Assistance and Budget Policy, Feeding America
- Marcia DeLonge Union of Concerned Scientists
- Kanika Gandhi, Policy Specialist, National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition
- Elliot Roth, Founder, Spira Inc.
- Michael Stein, Policy Associate, Organic Farming Research Foundation
- David Welch, Director of Science and Technology, The Good Food Institute
Missed the opportunity to speak? If you missed the opportunity to share feedback or suggest future research opportunities at the meeting and would like to submit written remarks to the FFAR Board of Directors, please contact the FFAR Communications Department by COB Wednesday, November 1. Submitted remarks will be published here.