2018 Public Conversation: Addressing Challenges
October 12, 2018
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
1200 I St NW
Washington, DC 20005
In accordance with the Farm Bill, we host a Public Conversation to update the public and members of the food and agriculture community about our work. This annual event includes a forum for the public and members of the food and agriculture community to address our leadership.
During the 2018 Public Conversation, Executive Director Dr. Sally Rockey and Board Chair Dr. Mark Keenum highlighted our milestones for the year and discussed refining our Challenge Areas to ensure alignment with research gaps and innovations.
Seven guest speakers from the food and agriculture industry shared insight on the industry’s pressing challenges and our solution-based approach for addressing them.
The following guest speakers delivered remarks during the 2018 Public Conversation:
- William Brandon, Industrial Ecosystems
- Florence Dunkle, Montana State University
- Kier Knoll, Good Earth Food Hub
- Barbara Leach, My Rural America Action
- Elizabeth Sander, Food and Friends.
- Ricardo Salvador, Union of Concerned Scientists
- Russ Webster, Grow to Market
We thank those who joined us and offer a special thank you to the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), who generously provided the space.