Grants Management Team
Key Dates & Important Information
- Please visit FoodShot Global for deadlines and details on how to apply.
- The two 2020 FoodShot Challenges are Innovating Soil 3.0, Deep Dive and Precision Protein.
- Innovating Soil 3.0 is a “deep dive” to fill key gaps and funds scientific advances and technologies related to soil carbon measurement, microbiome functionality and rapid adoption of regenerative practices.
- Precision Protein aims to develop a protein system that provides maximum benefit to human and planetary health, while minimizing environmental damage and reducing inputs.
Supporting the Following Grants
- Accelerating global adaptation of COMET-Farm tool systems
- Determining soil components to enhance plant productivity
- Using OpenTEAM to make sustainable farming decisions
About FoodShot Global
We participate in the FoodShot Global challenges to fund technologies that produce more nutritious food with less environmental strain.
FoodShot Global is a collaboration between venture funds, banks, corporations, universities and foundations to improve our food system.
FoodShot Global launches an annual FoodShot – a MoonShot for Better Food – to create a food system that is healthier, sustainable and equitable. The annual FoodShot identifies a pivotal challenge facing our food system and issues a global call for research to solve that challenge.
We have two FoodShot Challenges for the 2020 cycle: Precision Protein and Innovating Soil 3.0, Deep Dive that are seeking strategies and technologies that produce more nutritious food with less environmental strain. FoodShot Global then deploys funding via the GroundBreaker Equity Award and the GroundBreaker Prize to catalyze scalable and solutions.
FoodShot Global specifically supports research that optimizes yields and environmental health. These prizes fund research that specifically identifies technological and ecological tools. Awardees also receive with guidance, mentorship and resources to maximize the impact and scale of their research.
Applicants are judged on key criteria including alignment with the FoodShot mission and Challenge focus, global relevance, scalability and ability to make an accelerated impact.
- How do I apply?
Please visit FoodShot Global for information about the 2020 FoodShot Challenges, eligibility, deadlines and details on how to apply.