Science Breakthroughs 2030: A Strategy for Food and Agricultural Research is a new study being conducted by the National Academy of Sciences to identify ambitious scientific directions in food and agriculture made possible by incorporating knowledge and tools from across the science and engineering spectrum. The year-long project will involve the scientific community at-large in describing scientific opportunities with high potential to create knowledge breakthroughs that will lead to new paradigms for research and the food and agricultural enterprise.
Develop a compelling strategy for food and agricultural research for the next decade and beyond that would stimulate transformational change in the food and agricultural system by:
- catalyzing new research directions and partnerships
- attracting new research talent
- stimulating entrepreneurial activities
- increasing funding opportunities, and ultimately
- opening new paths to a safe, healthful, and sustainable supply of food and fiber.