What We Don’t Fund
We do not fund the following types of groups, activities or events:
- Political organizations, action groups, candidates or lobbying efforts;
- Religious organizations for religious purposes;
- Salary or wage support for staff or administrative personnel other than what might be needed for administration of specific programs or projects;
- Capital or building campaigns;
- Advocacy programs;
- Recurring external meetings, conferences or workshops;*
- Recurring external fundraising dinners, galas and events;*
- Outreach, community or education activities without a research component; or
- Indirect costs above 10 percent.
We do not support organizations that have a policy of discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender expression or transition, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, whether the discrimination policies are written or are in practice. Our policy is to not provide grants to any organization that maintains such a policy.
We do not accept unsolicited proposals. However, we accept unsolicited concepts through our Submit Your Research Concept website portal, where interested parties can submit their research ideas.
Event Sponsorship Requests
We welcome partners interested in sponsoring a FFAR event.
We consider sponsoring an external event on a case-by-case basis. We have two options for participating in an external event:
- In-kind support
We may consider providing a voluntary contribution of goods or services that may qualify as a charitable deduction for the organization receiving the gift. Any gifts-in-kind from FFAR must meet a specific line item in the program, project or event budget for which it is intended. For example, we could help promote the event by electronic communication (email, newsletter or website).
- Reciprocal support
We may consider providing a non-financial, reciprocal sponsorship with corresponding benefits to an organization for one of FFAR’s events, such as Foster Our Future. In return, we would receive an equivalent sponsorship value with benefits from the same organization at their event.